Fashion Tips: How To Look Taller (For Petite Women)

11:59 PM

Raise your hand if you're petite! I'm one of them (unfortunately). Today's topic is about styling petite girls. Did you know? Petite isn't about short and skinny. Petite could be short and curvy, short and fat. Petite women come in all shapes and sizes. People always wrong about the definition of petite.

Here I give you 7 tips and tricks for petites to make you appear taller!

1. Try on flared jeans!


Apparently, flared pants or jeans can make us, petites, look taller! This will be in my wishlist for sure. Can you see how Victoria Beckham look taller in her flared jeans? She's not tall, trust me. She's under 5'4'' or 1.63 m which makes her petite. If you think only the skinny ones who can wear flared jeans, you can see Hayden on the right. She has that curve and she definitely rocks flared jeans!

2. Don't avoid maxi skirts and dresses


For those petites who love boho style and not to sure about wearing maxi skirts or dresses, no need to be unsure anymore! As long as the length is fit. I mean, not too long. The hemline should be at your ankle. And you can say hello to longer body!

3. Invest in high-waisted bottoms and crop tops


These two are my faves. I love to buy crop tops even if I have no abs or a very flat belly. To cover it up? Just wear your high waisted pants or shorts or even skirts. Easy like one two three, right? But be careful for petites who have big boobs. Because crop tops just make your boobs appear bigger. You can cover it up by wearing jacket like Charlie there. But if you like it, just wear it!

4. Chop your hair or do top knot!



Chop your hair short if you want to look taller. Make sure they see your neck. But if you love your long hair like I do, you should consider top knot as your hairstyle. Don't do it everyday though, because it could damage your hair and sometimes makes you dizzy.

5. Killer heels


Wear your killer heels, wedges, platforms, or any shoes that will make your legs longer! Invest in at least a pair of black heels that can be worn in any outfits. More tips: pointed heels can make you look taller!

6. Wear all one color


This one is really helps you to appear taller. Especially, if you wear darker colors like black, navy, maroon, etc. But you can wear pastels too or white. But it has to be one color only. I love to wear all black (duh, it's not even a secret). Wearing black tights under your black skirts, dresses, or shorts, could make you appear taller too.

7. V neck


This will be your best friend. Whether it's a t-shirt or shirts or blouses or dresses. Everything in V-neck will look good on petites. That pointy angle makes us look taller. Avoid turtle necks. It'll only make you look shorter because people can't see your neck.

So, it's done! This is only just some tips. You can wear whatever you want. But if you want to look a little taller, you could follow these tips. I hope you find this helpful. Tell me what do you think!




Pictures source: Pinterest

You Might Also Like

14 thoughts

  1. crop top and killer heels, my weapon to look taller :p

    Love, Leonita
    www.blackblueblizzard.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. maxi skirt is awesome but you can't wear it if you are short. and kinda sucks because i don't use heels either

    vnssachn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ofc you can! Mary kate and ashley are about 5' or 5'1" and they rock maxi dresses. You just need to find the perfect maxi for you. It's a little hard. Even I need to cut my maxi to make it looks like it was made for me. But don't worry. You'll find the perfect maxi!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice idea.
    visit my blog too.
    http://mmmeriani.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the tips. Although I consider myself to have an nice height (1.70mts), I love how tall women look and these tips are really helpful.

    I followed your blog via GFC and Bloglovin. It would mean a lot to me if you did the same :)
    http://thisblogbelongstosabi.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all these styles! Especially V necks and high waist jeans! X

    Cara Delevinge inspired look over at-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  8. agreed with this post! thanks for sharingg

    jesselsanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. agreed with this post! thanks for sharingg

    jesselsanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for such an informative post. You have mentioned the amazing facts. Your articles are always amazing. Keep posting!
    petite jeans ankle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Blog. Such a beautiful and latest design. thanks for sharing such type information. your article is the best. If you want to Short Height Women dress.. Than visit my website Short Height Women dress

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Leave your comment and I'll be kind by checking out your blog as well. Have a nice day and I hope you kindly follow my blog! :)

Subscribe